- Being as self sufficient as possible.
- Having and making good use of common sense.
- Being able to make up your mind and make a choice.
- Being able to improvise.
- Being able to live with yourself.
- Being adaptable to the situation; to make a good thing out of a bad thing.
- Remaining cool, calm, and collected.
- Hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.
- Have patience.
- Being prepared to meet the worst that can happen.
- Being able to "figure out" other people; to understand and predict what other people will do.
- Understanding where your special fears and worries come from and know what
to do to control them.
- Being aware and understand yourself and the environment.
- Being response-able for actions and non-actions.